esiLaw 360 now has the ability to import data from Unity seamlessly for better integration. This was a highly requested feature from our customers which means no more manual entry of Unity data! By the end of this article, you will feel confident in doing the following:
- Preparing the esiLaw Integration in Unity
- Assigning Accounting GL Codes to Default Disbursements
- Creating Accounting Files for Export From a Matter
- Preparing the Export File for Import
- Importing Into esiLaw 360
Preparing the esiLaw Integration in Unity
Important information before you begin:
- To set up the esiLaw 360 integration in Unity, you must have Unity Account Administrator privileges.
- Create a folder on your device to store export files.
- Click the Configuration/Gear icon to access the Unity Account Administration page.
- Click on Statement of Account under the Conveyancer Configuration column.
- Click on Manage General Statement of Account Settings
- From the Accounting Software drop-down list, select esiLaw and click on Save.
Assigning Accounting GL Codes to Default Disbursements
You should assign GL accounting codes to your default disbursements in the Statement of Account configurations for each matter type. GL codes must be assigned to disbursements that are to be exported.
- Under the Template Name column, select the matter type > click on the burger menu > click on Open.
- Assign appropriate GL code for that specific matter type and repeat the process until finished.
- Click on Save once you have assigned the appropriate GL accounting codes to each disbursement.
- These settings will apply to all matters opened after they have been configured.
- To apply the settings to existing matters, you must reset the Statement of Account on the Statement of Account page within your file.
Creating Accounting Files for Export from a Matter
- Open your Unity file.
- Click on the Statement of Account tab.
- Click on Actions.
- Click on Send to Export Accounting File from the drop-down list.
- Click on OK in the confirmation pop-up box.
- Click on Integrations.
- Click on Download Accounting Export Files under Other Service.
- Click on Download Unity Accounting zip file.
- If you would like to create accounting export files across multiple matters at one time, you can do that from the Matters page by selecting the matters you would like to create accounting export files for > clicking on Actions > and Create account export files for x selected.
Preparing The Export File for Import
- Open your Download folder in your File Explorer (or where you saved the export files)
- Select both the disbursement (dpdisp.txt) and the fee (dpfee.txt) files.
- Click on Compressed Folder Tools
- Click on Extract all.
- In the Select a Destination and Extract Files pop-up box, locate and select the folder you created to store export files in.
- Click on Extract.
Importing Into esiLaw 360
Once you have all of your Unity data prepared, you can now easily import into esiLaw 360, if you are on version 5.2.3 and above.
- In esiLaw 360 go to File > Import & Export
- In the Import & Export window, click on Create import/export template
- This will open the Import & Export Wizard. You will now see a Unity Disbursement option. Choose this and click Next.
- Locate your export file by clicking Browse.
- Choose the export file you just created and click Open.
- You will now see all of your Unity data ready to import! Click Finish.