Payroll cheque is used to record the regular payment made to employees.
- Click on Daily Activities > Write General Cheques.
- Select the General Bank Account.
- Select or enter the transaction date.
- Select or Enter the payment type
- Enter the cheque number. If you have entered the last cheque number used in the chart of accounts, press enter to automatically enter the next check number.
- Enter the Payee name. You can also select the payee name if it is already in the list>payee addresses.
- The Payee Address will automatically be displayed if the same is added in the list>payee addresses.
- Enter the total amount which is equal to the net pay (not gross pay).
- Enter the distribution for the cheque using one G/L account per line for Source Deductions (CPP, EI, Income Tax) and related expense accounts, appropriate codes and description.
- Click on Save.
- You can continue to repeat the above steps to enter multiple transactions if they are in the same month.
- When you are finished entering transactions, click on Post and Close.
- Payment Types can be configured under Lists>Payment Types.
- If you do not want to print the checks immediately after posting, uncheck the box Open check printing after posting.
- In one batch you can only post the transactions in the same month.