The lawyer activity by type of law report includes billings, receipts and write-offs summarized by lawyer and by area of law. It summarizes transactions for the current period (normally one month) and for the year to date. Totals are calculated by working lawyer, not by responsible or originating lawyer which means the fees is reported for the lawyer they were entered for or distributed to, not for the responsible or originating lawyer on the file.
Lawyer reports include information on files that have been closed. Totals are calculated for the year to date and do not include balance forward amounts from the prior year.
- Click on Reports and select Activity by Area of Law.
- In the transactions from and to fields, enter the date range for transactions to include on the report.
- Select suppress zero balances to exclude areas of law with zero balances.
- Click on view to display the report on your screen or click on print to send it to your printer.
- Select memorize to add the report with the current options to the memorized reports. Report can only be added once to a memorized report group.