The Bank Journal report makes bank reconciliation easier by providing a list of all transactions for a specific bank account or for all bank accounts. It enables you to view account opening and closing balances, and to list account transactions such as checks/cheques, receipts, and journal entries.
For each bank account, the Bank Journal lists the opening balance as of the start of the selected date range, followed by a description of each transaction for the account. Transactions are totaled by day, and the account running balance is displayed.
The G/L Account Summary at the end of the report displays the total debits and credits for audits included on the report, summarized by general ledger account.
- Click on Banking and Reconciliation > Bank Journal.
- Enter the report year to be current financial year
- Enter or Select the From and To dates to be the date of the month for which you want to extract this report.
- From the filters, select an appropriate bank account.
- Click on View to view the report on the screen or you can directly print the report by clicking on print button.
- Select Memorize to add the report with the current options to the Memorized Reports. Report can only be added once to a Memorized report group.
- Do not change From audit and To audit fields.