The Accounts Receivable Aging report provides information on accounts receivable transactions for one or all lawyers. It calculates accounts receivable on client files by totaling bills, receipts, bill write-offs, trust transfers to accounts receivable and interest. Balances are grouped by aging period: current, over 30 days, over 60 days, over 90 days, and over 120 days.
- Click on Reports and select A/R Aging.
- Enter the transactions to date. The report will include all transactions entered on dates up to and including this date.
- Filter the report by responsible lawyer, by originating lawyer, by working lawyer, or for the firm. Default selection is firm.
- You can extract the report by responsible, originating or working lawyer, select the lawyers to include. You can also extract the report for a single lawyer, for a range of lawyers, or for all lawyers. A separate report will print for each lawyer. Default selection is for all lawyers.
- Filter the report by type of law code, and if applicable, select the range of type of law codes to include.
- You can also filter the report by major client code, and if applicable, select the range of major client codes to include.
- Select Alpha to sort by client name or Numeric to sort by client file number.
- Select Group Inactive Lawyers to print totals for all inactive lawyers on one line on the Summary report.
- Select Client/Matter Report to display accounts receivable totals by client / Matter for each aging period or select Lawyer / Timekeeper to display total by lawyer for each aging period, without a breakdown by client file.
- Select Group inactive lawyers / timekeepers to show one line for all inactive lawyers / timekeepers.
- Select Include Details to list each client file invoice separately. Otherwise, the report will print a total for each client, for each aging period. If you select Lawyer / Timekeeper Report this option is disabled.
- Click on view to display the report on your screen. You can export the report Or click on Print to send the report to your printer.
- Select Memorize to add the report with the current options to the Memorized Reports. Report can only be added once to the Memorized reports group.
- If you have control accounts for Accounts Receivable Fees and Accounts Receivable Disbursements, your A/R Aging report should balance with these general ledger totals.