- Click on Clients and Matters and select client.
- Click on Bills and Payments tab and select a bill you want to edit.
- Make sure that the status of the bill is unpaid.
- Right click on the bill > Edit.
- The window of create pre bills and bills will open.
- You can edit a Client, time and fees, flat fees, disbursements, taxes, date of the bill or trust transfer to pay bill amount.
- Click on View bill to view the changes.
- Click on Finalize bill and select an appropriate option to post the bill.
- When editing paid bills keep in mind the changes you make will impact previous financial reports. If you have closed a period you need to be aware of this.
- There is a Global Setting option that allows you to restrict editing of paid and unpaid bills by specifying a cutoff date. This option is located on the Global Settings > Billing tab.