The File Room Listing report provides an alphabetic or numeric list of client files including the client and contact name, address, telephone numbers, responsible lawyer, area of law and the date the file was opened. Report can show open, closed or both sets of lists.
- Click Reports and select File Room Listing.
- Enter the transactions from / to dates or press enter to use the current system date. Default selection is 01/01/1980 to the current computer dates.
- Choose whether to extract the report by responsible lawyer, by originating lawyer, or for the firm. Default selection is for the firm.
- If you are extracting the report by client / matter, select the client / matter to include. Range is sorted by the sort by option. Default setting is alpha.
- Second option is to extract the report by responsible or originating lawyer, select the lawyers to include. You can extract the report for a single lawyer, for a range of lawyers or for all lawyers.
- Select the range of type of law to include. Default selection is all type of laws.
- Select the range of major client to include. Default selection is all major clients.
- Select alpha to sort the report by client name or select numeric to sort by client file number.
- Select whether to include open files open, closed files only, or all files. Default selection is open only.
- Select whether to include the full matter description. If full matter description is not selected, the report will include only the first portion.
- Select whether you want to include clients full name and address. Address is not included when option is not selected.
- Select whether you want to report only GST/HST exempt clients. GST/HST exempt only applies to firms operating in Canada.
- Select memorize to add the report with the current options to the memorized reports. Report can only be added once to the memorized reports.
- Click view to display the report on your screen or click print to send it to your printer.
- Transaction dates are the same as file open dates.
- To choose a range of options, all options will be included on one report. To isolate one lawyer, produce a report for just that lawyer.
- If full matter description is not selected, only the first 30 characters (including spaces) will be included on the report.
- If full name and address is not selected, only the first 30 characters (including spaces) will be included on the report.
- Click Add to Report Runner to add the report to the Automatic Report Runner, enabling you to print the report as part of a report group.
- Click to select report dates from a calendar.
- Print this report as part of your year-end procedures with the date range for that year.
- Last page of report will list the options used to view or print the report.