The Create Prebills and Bills feature is used to show the amount owed by the client for the services rendered.
- Click on Clients and Matters and select New Transaction > Create Pre-bills and Bills.
- Select or enter the date for transactions up to and the date to appear on the bill.
- Click on Click here to add bill.
- Select or enter client/matter.
- Select a bill template.
- Double click on Time and Fees and select the transactions you want to include.
- Confirm the total amount chargeable for Time and Fees.
- Click on Save and Close.
- For Flat Fees, click on Flat fees and enter the description and the amount.
- Enter the amount of discount if any.
- Double click on disbursements and select the transactions you want to include in this bill.
- The total amount of GST will automatically be calculated as per the total amount of a bill. Alternatively, you can also change these amounts.
- In case funds needs to be transferred from the trust and shown to the client, click on payment and type the amount to be transferred from trust.
- Click on View bills.
- In case a bill needs to be removed, select that bill and click on remove selected bill.
- Click on Finalise bills and the choose any one from the options displayed to Post the bill.
- In case of billing for multiple clients, select click here to add multiple bills.
- The benefit of selecting quick bill is that you do not have to enter the client number.
- To customize a billing template, click on Lists and Template and customize template as per requirements.
- Make sure the date to appear on a bill is correct. The date on a bill is chosen before entering a bill in Create Pre-bills and Bills.
- Bill transactions up to and the date to appear on a bill can be different.
- In case bills are not finalized, bills will remain in the Create Pre-bills and Bills window until the same is removed and the status of time and fees and disbursements related to a bill will show as Pre-billed.
- A bill can be allocated in four ways :
- A – All to the Responsible Lawyer
- P – Prorate based on time
- M – Manually enter the amounts
- R – Manually enter percentages