This report is used to display collection realization totals detailed by receipts (payments), broken down by fees and disbursements. For each client file (or for each lawyer, if the Summary option is selected), the report lists the total billings, previous period payments (payments made prior to the transaction date range specified), current period payments (payments made within the transaction date range specified), total write-offs and the percentage of billings to which payments have been applied. Interest transactions are not included but tax is included. Transactions are included for both open and closed client files.
Separate reports are produced for fees and disbursements, and totals by responsible lawyer, working lawyer, and type of law are calculated for each.
- Click on Reports and select Collection Realization by Receipts.
- Enter transactions from and to dates to select transactions to include on the report. Payments made prior to the from date are listed as “previous period” payments. Payments made within this date range are listed as “this period”, that is, as current period payments.
- Filter the report by responsible, originating, assigned or working lawyer, or for the firm. Default is by firm.
- If you filter the report by lawyer, select the lawyer number range to include.
- Select the range of type of law to include. Default selection is all type of law.
- Select group inactive lawyers / timekeepers to print totals for all inactive lawyers on one line on the summary report.
- Click on view to display the report on your screen or click on print to send it to your printer.
- This report selects data based on receipts, by bill number. If a payment was made within the selected date range, all bills, payments and write-offs for the client file, regardless of date but with the same bill number, are included.
- You can print the report by responsible, originating, assigned or working lawyer, or for the firm.
- Select memorize to add the report with the current options to the memorized reports. Report can only be added once to the memorized report group.